Monday, May 9, 2011

Dear League Pass

To Whom It May Concern,

I thought I'd pass along some feedback and concerns about NBA league pass and specifically, ways in which you are inadvertently giving away the results of NBA playoff games before I have a chance to watch them. 

I logged into the league pass this morning to watch Game 4 of the Dallas - Lakers series.  As I logged in, I saw a schedule of games at the top of the window for both Monday and Tuesday.  The significant part is the Tuesday part of the schedule; the Atlanta-Chicago game 5 was the only game listed.  Because I know that the Atlanta - Chicago and Lakers - Dallas games have been paired (e.g. played on the same night), the fact that there was no Lakers-Mavericks game listed could mean only one thing: the Mavs had won Game 4, the Lakers had been eliminated from the playoffs, and there is no Game 5 to be played.  And in fact, the game was a blowout, which I quickly established by forwarding through the game a bit. 

I think this could be a fairly significant problem going forward for all of the playoff matchups.  My recommendation would be to only have one day posted in the schedule at a time.  In practice this morning, that would have meant only listing Monday's scheduled games and not Tuesday's (e.g. I would have seen that Mia - Bos and OKC - Mem were scheduled to play Monday night).  That at least gives the viewer a day after the fact to catch up to live action. 

Thank you for the opportunity to give my feedback,
Aubrey Fox

No comments:

Post a Comment